Reims, Veuve Cliquot Winery & Champagne Pairing Lunch Private Day Trip From Reims
Food & Wine
Small Groups ( 2~8 )
Multi-languagesEnglish Español Français
- Know before
- Meeting point
- Inc. / Exc.
Select options and Book
- Sample World-Class Champagne In The Region That Made It Famous
- Tour the world-famous winery, Veuve Clicquot
- See Notre-Dame de Reims, a UNESCO world heritage site
- Local Tour Guide, Expert in Champagne
- Tour can be customized to suit your interests
Program & Itinerary
Arriving in the Champagne region, you start your day with the scenic Route du Champagne. It meanders among the vineyards and picturesque villages, offering a charming bucolic landscape. We take you to the Côte des Blancs for a sightseeing of some of the most famous Grandes Maisons de Champagne such as: Bollinger, Gosset, Deutz, etc. En route the countryside is enameled with beautiful Grand Cru villages like Ay, Hautvillers, Bouzy, Le Mesnil, Vernezay, etc.
Guided tour of the Cathedral of Reims. Listed in the Unesco World Heritage, 13th century Notre-Dame de Reims Cathedral is one of Europe's most important Gothic structures. Let you be captivated by the unique stained glasses and the exceptionally rich statuary – over 2 300 statues among which the famous Smiling Angel. It is here that King Clovis was baptized around year 498 giving birth to the Kingdom of the Franks and starting a long lasting tradition: except two, all of the Kings of France would be crowned here!Tour and tasting at Veuve Clicquot producer since 1772.
Includes product descriptions, a company history, profile of the owner, and harvest information. Founded in 1772 by Philippe Clicquot-Muiron, the house played an important role in establishing champagne as a favored drink of Bourgeoisie and Nobility throughout Europe. After the death of her Husband, in 1805, Barbe Nicole Ponsardin known as the widow Clicquot (veuve in French) became the first woman to take over a Champagne house. Under Madame Clicquot's guidance, the firm focused entirely on the last, to great success. She will also revolutionized the techniques of Champagne making process... Therefore she was named “La Grande Dame de la Champagne”.
Tour and Grand Cru tasting lunch at a local domain. (NOT INCLUDED - OPTIONAL 94,00 € per person) The Foureurs is a vine grower family since the 16th century and produce Champagne under their own brand since 1875. They are located in the Grand Cru village of Ambonnay. They own 4 hectares of grand cru vineyard, especially reknown for their Pinot Noir. This allowed them to produce 20 000 bottles, mainly sold in France. Far from the commercial aspect of the Grandes Maisons, you will discover here the ancestral methods for the making process of champagne and meet passionate people.Then you will discover a more traditional face of Champagne: tour and Champagne tasting at a family estate.
The House was created in 1875 in the little village of Damery located in the Marne’s Valley. Laure and David are proud to be today the Fifth generation of wine makers. They are focused on the respect of both traditional and ancestral working methods. Their champagne Plaisir d’Antan is for instance a good example of this philosophy: Made of a 100 percent Chardonnay, this Cuvée is aged in oak casks like it was done before the creation of stainless steel vats giving a unique taste to the Champagne. They work as independant wine makers with 12 hectares of vineyards and produce 80 000 bottles.
After the tasting drop of at your hotel or Reims train station.
Know before you book
- Tour available all year round (except May 1st, Dec 25th and Jan 1st)
- 8 hour Private Champagne Tasting Tour
- Tasting fees are included in the price
- Tour is operated in English, other languages on request
- Winery visits are not private
- Tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Prices are per group from 2 to 8 persons - Larger groups please contact us
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available for travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Included / excluded
- Sites as mentioned in the itinerary
- English-speaking driver/guide
- Travel in recent & comfortable minivan
- Bottled water in the minivan
- Entrance fees or tasting fees unless mentioned
- Champagne tasting lunch with drinks included (OPTIONAL, 115€ per person)
- Personal insurance and expenses
- Meals and drinks
- Gratuities for the driver/guide
You may also like ...