Epernay, Moët & Chandon visit, Champagne Pairing lunch Private Day Trip From Reims
Food & Wine
Small Groups ( 2~8 )
Multi-languagesEnglish Español Français
- Know before
- Meeting point
- Inc. / Exc.
Select options and Book
- Sample World-Class Champagne In The Region That Made It Famous
- Tour the World-Famous Moet & Chandon Winery
- Visit Epernay, the "Capital of Champagne"
- Local Tour Guide, Expert in Champagne
- Tour can be customized to suit your interests
Program & Itinerary
Sightseeing of Avenue de Champagne in Epernay
Located in the heart of town, Epernay is internationally known as the “Capital of Champagne”. Epernay’s stunning main street appears like an exhibition of opulent mansions housing the most illustrious Maisons de Champagne: Moët & Chandon, Perrier-Jouet, Mercier, etc. Not to mention the 100km of tunnels under the pavement!
On the way to Epernay, we take you to the Marne Valley on a journey through the vineyard to meet with another prestigious figure: Dom Pérignon who finalized the process to elaborate Champagne. He highly contributed to the fame of Champagne and is now buried in the church of the former Benedictine Abbey of Hautvillers.Guided tour and tasting at world famous Grande Maison de Champagne Moët & Chandon.*
Founded in 1743 by Claude Möet, it becomes within 40 years the first international brand in the world. Its history is linked to some famous figures such as The Marquise de Pompadour and Napoleon 1st. This Champagne is also sold to many important historical events among which King Edwards VII’s coronation, Cannes Film Festival, the 120th anniversary of the Liberty Statue, etc…It is probably nowadays the most famous Champagne brand around the world.
Champagne tasting Lunch at a local domain. (NOT INCLUDED - OPTIONAL 115,00 € per person)
The estate dates back to the French revolution and has been photographed since the harvest of 1896. Pierre developed the family vineyard just after first world war, at the same time becoming a grape broker and Champagne wine merchant. In 1929 Pierre set up his own pressing centre and started to make wine. In 1947 with his 2 sons Jacques and Jean-Guy he created the brand Champagne Jacquinot et Fils. The family business was set up in the Epernay cellar. Jacques looked after sales and Jean-Guy developed the vineyard which today covers 17 ha and makes wines of the highest quality. Jean-Manuel, Jean-Guy’s son, oenologist in charge of production since 1998 is now running the Estate with the help of François Nicolet, Jacques’s son-in-law.
Tour and Champagne tasting at a local domain in Damery.
Established from 1912 in Damery, in the heart of the vineyard, close to Epernay, the Champagne House J. de Telmont is one of the last familial Champagne Houses. In heritage of a winegrowers’ family, the House J. de Telmont owns 36 hectares of vineyard located in prestigious villages, where are grown the 3 grape varieties of Champagne: Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier and Chardonnay. From 4 generations now, J. de Telmont is keeping up with pleasure and dynamism the Art of Welcoming guests.Return: 05:30 PM at your hotel located in Reims or Epernay area or at Reims train station.
Know before you book
- Tour available all year round (except May 1st, Dec 25th and Jan 1st)
- 8 hour Private Champagne Tasting Tour
- Tasting fees are included in the price
- Tour is operated in English, other languages on request
- Winery visits are not private
- Tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Prices are per group from 2 to 8 persons - Larger groups please contact us
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available for travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Included / excluded
- Sites as mentioned in the itinerary
- English-speaking driver/guide
- Travel in recent & comfortable minivan
- Bottled water in the minivan
- Entrance fees or tasting fees unless mentioned
- Champagne tasting lunch with drinks included (OPTIONAL, 115€ per person)
- Personal insurance and expenses
- Meals and drinks
- Gratuities for the driver/guide
You may also like ...