Departure from Aix en Provence
From December to August, Monday to Friday
Today we will meet with the truffle-producing farmer and his truffle hound. He will provide you with the proper tools and show off the special skills of his faithful friend and we will follow him in the hills to look for the “Black Diamond”. On the way he will let you in some of his secrets, we will see his dog in action and if we are lucky, he might be able to dig out one or several truffles (but there is no guarantee since it is a rare product).
Late morning we will leave our truffle-producing farmer to go to a magnificent 17th century “hôtel particulier” and its French style gardens for a truffle and wine based lunch.
During the meal, the wine waitress will give us 3 different wines to taste and discuss.
After this feast, you will have an hour to stroll around the magnificent village built on top of the hill which has been awarded for “most beautiful villages in France”. We will then go back to Aix en Provence.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- The services of an English speaking wine expert
- Transportation in a luxury 7 seat car
- Discovery of the ” Black Diamond”
- A 3 course meal based on truffle and wine
- Answers to all your wine-related questions
- The guarantee of a great friendly time with us
- Documents on th history of local wines and tasting techniques
- All extra services not mentioned in the program
- All personal expenses
Pick up and return at your hotel
Pick up information
Hotel pick up
This tour runs from December to August, Monday to Friday, from 9 a.m till 5 p.m (these times are indicative and may vary slightly). You may privatise this tour in which case we can collect you and drop you off at your hotel or B&B in a luxury 7 seat car up to 10 km around Aix en Provence (Should you wish to be collected or dropped off at a different place, extra travel fees may apply). Please contact us to make your booking so that we can arrange a meeting in our flat in the historical centre of Aix en Provence.
Please bring with you
- Comfortable shoes
- A hat or a cap
- Prices are mentioned as a guide only
- Price is in Euro
- Private tour for 2 to 6 persons
Possible languages: English