Departure from Le Verdon port of call
All year except December 25th, January 1st
From 09:00 to 17:00
Depart from Le Verdon and head towards the famous Medoc wine region of
Bordeaux. The Medoc area covers approximately 5,700 hectares of declared
vineyards, annually producing on average 300,000 hectometers of wine.
Of the grape varieties permitted, 50% of the viticultural area is
planted with Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, and to a lesser extent Petit
Verdot and Malbec. Also allowed within the AOC regulations are the
varieties Cabernet Franc and Carménère. The region you will head to
spans from the mouth of the river down south and includes the four
famous communes of St-Estephe, Pauillac, St. Julien and Margaux.
Today, depart from your ship and head towards the famous Medoc wine region. During this full day tour you will experience 3 visits and wine tasting sessions in Classified growth or Cru Bourgeois estates that have been carefully selected for their exceptional setting and quality of wine. During these visits you will learn all there is to know about the history of the estates, the wine making process as well as the techniques used during the wine making. The visits are followed by a wine tasting session.
Then, follow the castle road to admire some of the most famous chateaus such as Chateau Mouthon Rothschild, Chateau Lafite Rothschild or Chateau Pichon Longueville. Return to Ship at the end of the day.
This private tour ensures you enjoy full attention from your guide.
Inclusions / Exclusions
1. Pick up and return at ship in Le Verdon
2. Reservations for 3 chateau's
3. Personal English speaking driver/guide
4. Bottled water in the minivan
5. Travel in recent, comfortable & fully equipped minivans
6 . Free Wifi access on board
1. Tasting fees, entrance fees
2. Meals and drinks
3. Personal expenses
4. Gratuities for the driver/guide
Pick up at ship
Pick up information
Pick up at ship
Return at ship
- Pick up in Le Verdon ports of call
- Maximum 8 persons, for larger groups contact us
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Program and Prices are listed as a guide only
- Indicated price is per minivan (not per person)
- Currency is in EUR
Possible languages: English, Español, Français