Departure from Bordeaux / Bassens ports of call
All year round except December 25th and January 1st
Pick up from your ship and depart for one of the famous appellations of the Bordeaux wine region: Medoc, Saint Emilion or Graves. As you travel to your destination, benefit from the knowledge or your expert English speaking driver/wine guide that will introduce you to the Bordeaux wine region through live commentaries during the driving time. Not only will you learn about the history of wine and wine making in Bordeaux but also familiarize yourself with the importance of climate, soil, grape varieties when one seeks to obtain the best Grand Cru Classé wine.
Upon arrival you will be welcomed by the cellar master or technical director and it will be time for you to discover a prestigious Chateau (winery) of the Bordeaux region. The visit will include a historical presentation of the estate as well as a walk through the technical installations so that you may better comprehend the different phases of the wine making process called "vinification". After the visit you will be introduced to the different wines of the Chateau for a tasting session. After this tasting, you will be lead in a private area of the Chateau where a delicious lunch awaits.
Your lunch will be taken in company of the technical director or cellar master. This will be the perfect moment for you to find out about the subtleties behind food & wine pairing. Depending on the dishes that will be served during your lunch, an appropriate wine will be served and commented, the main goal being to bring out the best characteristics of a wine making it 'shine' instead of fight against the food.
After lunch, return to ship and end of our services.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Pick up and return at ship
- Transport in recent and comfortable minivan
- Services of an English speaking wine / guide
- Visit & wine tasting in a carefully selected Grand Cru Winery in one of the Bordeaux Appellations
- Lunch with food & wine pairing at the Chateau
- Free Wifi access on board
- Personal expenses
- Entrance fees
Meeting point: At ship
Pick up information
Pick up at ship at Bordeaux / Bassens ports of call
Tour returns to departure point
- Maximum 8 persons, for larger groups contact us
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- Prices are listed as a guide only
- Tour for 2 to 8 persons maximum
- Price depends on number of participants
- Currency is in Euro
Specific options: 1 Winery Visit, Pick Up From Ship In Bordeaux / Bassens Ports Of Call