Departure from Bordeaux
All year except December 25th, January 1st
From 08:30 to 18:30
In 1858 Lourdes rose to prominence in France and abroad due to the Marian apparitions seen by the peasant girl Bernadette Soubirous, who was later canonized. Shortly thereafter the city became one of the world's most important sites of pilgrimage and religious tourism. Today Lourdes hosts around six million visitors every year from all corners of the world. This constant stream of pilgrims and tourists transformed quiet Lourdes into the second most important center of tourism in France, second only to Paris, and the third most important site of international Catholic pilgrimage after Rome and the Holy Land. In 2008 the city celebrated the 150th anniversary of the apparitions.
Arrive in Lourdes and start by the visit of the sanctuaries. Here you will not only see the grotto but will also visit the three church's that were built on site, one on top of the other. After some free time for lunch, follow your guide and follow the footsteps of Bernadette. First discover the house of the family when the father ran a mill and then on to the Cachot, a tiny cell in which the family lived during harder times. Return to Bordeaux at the end of the day.
This private tour ensures you enjoy full attention from your guide.
Inclusions / Exclusions
1. Guided visit of the Sanctuary
2. Visit of the Boly Mill and Cachot
3. Visit of St Bernadette Museum (summer season)
4. English speaking driver guide
5. Bottled water in the minivan
6. Hotel pick up in Bordeaux
1. Personal expenses
2. Meals and drinks
3. Entrance fees
Pick up at your hotel in Bordeaux (when applicable)
Pick up information
Pick up at your hotel in Bordeaux
Return at your hotel in Bordeaux
- Maximum 8 persons, for larger groups contact us
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- This tour is wheelchair accessible.
- Persons with reduced mobility must be accompanied.
- Prices are listed as a guide only
- Indicated price is per minivan (not per person)
- Currency is in Euro
Possible languages: Brasileiro, English, Español, Français, Japanese