Departure from Bordeaux
All year except December 25th, January 1st
From 08:30 to 18:30
Thousands of years ago, unknown artists created breathtaking etchings, drawings and paintings on the walls of caves of which the most extraordinary examples are found in the Dordogne area. The Dordogne region is also famous for its outstanding quality and diversity of food and the culinary capital of the area is without a doubt Sarlat.
The region is also home to more than 1000 Castles and Manors that date
back to the Hundred Years War as both English and French fought to
possess the area. Most of the castles line the Dordogne River and are
perfect examples of medieval military architecture.
Pick up in the morning at your centrally located Bordeaux hotel and depart towards the Dordogne Region. By Bergerac, arrive in the small village of Beynac to discover its medieval streets, castle and the magnificent vue over the Dordogne valley. Your next stop will be in La Roque Gageac another village classified as one of the most beautiful of France. Then reach Sarlat a town that has kept its 16th and 17th century architecture making it one of the most well preserved towns of France of that period of time. Finally, reach Montignac where the world famous cave of Lascaux IV is located. Here, follow an English guided tour of the cave - a perfect reproduction of the original - and awe at some of the most magical paintings, masterpieces of Paleolithic Art.
This private tour ensures you enjoy full attention from your guide.
Inclusions / Exclusions
1. Pick up and drop off at hotel in Bordeaux
2. Travel in recent, comfortable & fully equipped Mercedes minivans
3. English speaking driver guide
4. Bottled water in the minivan
5. Free Wifi access on board
1. Tasting fees, entrance fees
2. Meals and drinks
3. Personal expenses
4. Gratuities for the driver/guide
Hotel pick up in Bordeaux City Center (when applicable)
Pick up information
Hotel pick up in Bordeaux City Center
Drop off at hotel
- Maximum 8 persons, for larger groups contact us
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Prices are listed as a guide only
- Indicated price is per minivan (not per person)
- Currency is in Euro
Possible languages: Brasileiro, English, Español, Français, Japanese