Departure from Bordeaux
All year except December 25th, January 1st
From 09:30 to 18:30
Cognac named after the town of Cognac in France, is a variety of brandy. It is produced in the wine-growing region surrounding the town from which it takes its name. The region authorised to produce cognac is divided into six zones, including five crus. The six zones are: Grande Champagne, Petite Champagne, Borderies, Fins Bois, Bon Bois and finally Bois Ordinaire. A blend of Grande and Petite Champagne Cognacs, with at least half coming from Grande Champagne, is known as Fine Champagne. The wine is very dry, acidic, and thin, "virtually undrinkable", but excellent for distillation and aging. It may be made only from a strict list of grape varieties, if it is to carry the name of one of the crus then it must be at least 90% Ugni Blanc (known in Italy as Trebbiano), Folle Blanche and Colombard, although 10% of the grapes used can be Folignan, Jurançon blanc, Meslier St-François (also called Blanc Ramé), Sélect, Montils or Sémillon.
Today depart from Bordeaux and head towards the Cognac region, one of the most famous Brandy producing areas in the world. Upon arrival, enjoy the visit and tasting in one of the most famous Cognac 'houses' to learn all there is to know about the making of this unique beverage. Then, enjoy some free time in the town of Cognac for lunch. In the afternoon, we will take you to another famous Coganc 'house' so that you may be able to compare the different techniques and tastes. Return to Bordeau.
This private tour ensures you enjoy full attention from your guide.
Inclusions / Exclusions
1. Reservation for the visit of 2 famous Cognac 'houses'
2. English speaking driver guide
3. Travel in recent, comfortable and fully equipped Mercedes minivans
4. Bottled water in the minivan
5. Free Wifi access on board
6 . Hotel pick up in Bordeaux
1. Tasting fees, entrance fees
2. Meals and drinks
3. Personal expenses
4. Gratuities for the driver/guide
Hotel pick up in Bordeaux City Center (when applicable)
Pick up information
Hotel pick up in Bordeaux City Center
Drop off at hotel
- Maximum 8 persons, for larger groups contact us
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Program and Prices are listed as a guide only
- Indicated price is per minivan (not per person)
- Currency is in Euro
Possible languages: Brasileiro, English, Español, Français, Japanese