Departure from Tours
From 09:30 to 17:30
First start the tour with a guided tour of the fortress of Chinon. The fortress has become a combination between a major historical monument (it is where Joan of Arc met the heir apparent Charles VIIth in 1429) and a very modern museography : increased reality systems, videos, interactive guide booklets, sonorous benches… After the visit, follow the guide for the lunch at a family estate or at a traditional restaurant. Enjoy local products and great wine of Bourgueil or Chinon wines.
In the afternoon, head the the Langeais Fortress for a guided visit. Enjoy a tour of the interior, which not only gives a good idea of the day-to-day life in the Middle Ages, but also provides reminders of a key event in French history: the marriage of Charles VIII and Duchess Anne of Brittany, which eventually led to her still-independent duchy becoming part of France. When Jacques Siegfried bought the Chateau of Langeais in 1886, he set out to recreate a model 15th-century residence, complete with furniture, tapestries and artifacts of the period.
End the tour in the Castle of Villandry, which offers one of the most spectacular gardens of Touraine. By its diversity and originality (Love Garden, Kitchen Garden, Aromatic and Medicine Plant Garden, Water Garden and the brand new Sun Garden) and by its size (15 acres, 1150 linden trees), Villandry is the Loire Valley garden not to be missed. With your guide, learn to speak the language of a medieval and Renaissance garden, discover the power of thyme and basil on your health.
Inclusions / Exclusions
1. English speaking qualified guide/driver
2. Recent, fully equipped Mercedes minivans
3. Maximum 8 passengers per group
4. Entrance tickets and guided tour of the castles of Chinon, Langeais, gardens of Villandry
5. Wine tasting fees at a cellar cave
6. Lunch at a winery or in a traditional restaurant, drinks included.
1. Personal insurance and expenses
2. Gratuities for the driver/guide
3. Extra, other drinks
Tours tourist office across the street from the train station.
Your guide will be parked in front of Tours Tourist Office.
Pick up information
Hotel pick up not available
Tour returns to departure point
Mondays and Thursdays
- Tour requires minimum 2 passengers (adults) to operate
- Maximum 8 passengers per tour
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Visits in the wineries are not private
- Prices are listed as a guide only
- Not suitable for infants under age of 4
- Children aged 4 - 12 years: half price
- Prices are per person
- Currency is in Euro
Possible languages: English