Departure from Tours
From 09:30 to 18:00
Begin the tour with a guided tour of the Chateau of Chenonceau. The “Chateau des Dames”, bridge built across the Cher, is famous for the great feminine figures who lived in it (Diane de Poitiers, Catherine de Medicis…) and for the beauty of its Renaissance gardens.
After the visit, enjoy a wine tasting session in a Vouvray cellar and a lunch at a wine specialist’s in matured Loire Valley vintages.
Daniel, oenologist, welcomes you in his caves, former tuff stone quarries, for a tour followed by a wine tasting of Vouvray, Montlouis, Chinon, Bourgueil and Saint Nicolas de Bourgueil wines. In order to transcend your meal, you will pair your wines with a selection of cheeses.
After lunch, you will tour the Royal Castle of Amboise, residence of Charles VIII and young François d’Angoulème, future Francois I. You will discover in this wonderful castle, perfect example of transition from Gothic to Renaissance, the Saint Hubert Chapel which shelters today the grave of Leonardo da Vinci.
End the tour with a visit in Chateau of the Clos Lucé. In order to make your tour thorough, we take you to meet the Genius in his Manor du Clos Lucé, a few yards away from the Royal Castle.
Leonardo da Vinci spent there the last three years of his life and died there in 1519. After you tour his bedroom, office, reception room and kitchen, you will be in awe in front of the invention room, displaying models of the most spectacular machines Leonardo invented. Drop off in Tours.
Inclusions / Exclusions
1. English speaking qualified guide/driver
2. Recent, fully equipped Mercedes minivans
3. Maximum 8 passengers per group
4. Entrance tickets and guided tour of the castles of Chenonceau, Amboise, Clos Lucé
5. Wine tasting fees at a cellar cave
6. Lunch at a winery, drinks included.
1. Personal insurance and expenses
2. Gratuities for the driver/guide
3. Extra, other drinks
Tours tourist office across the street from the train station.
Your guide will be parked in front of Tours Tourist Office.
Pick up information
Hotel pick up not available
Tour returns to departure point
Wednesdays and Saturdays
- Tour requires minimum 2 passengers (adults) to operate
- Maximum 8 passengers per tour
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Visits in the wineries are not private
- Prices are listed as a guide only
- Not suitable for infants under age of 4
- Children aged 4 - 12 years: half price
- Prices are per person
- Currency is in Euro
Possible languages: English