Departure from Bordeaux
From April to October included, unavailable in August.
From 08:00 to 17:00
“Few regions sum up the attractions of France better than the Dordogne. With its rich food, château-studded countryside, picturesque villages and finest prehistoric cave art” (Lonely Planet) the region is rightly named the Smile of France!
Departing from Bordeaux, reach Les Eyzies de Tayac, the world Capital of Prehistory. Upon arrival, stop at the International center for Prehistory where multimedia displays provide a great introduction and background to the archaeology of the prehistoric inhabitants of the area. After the visit, arrive in Sarlat.
Because modern history has largely passed it by, Sarlat has remained preserved and one of the most representative towns of 14th to 17th century France. Follow your guide on a walking tour and enjoy one of the most authentic markets of France packed with traditional stalls laden with local produce such as poultry, strawberries, walnuts, cheeses and of course the black truffle! After the visit and some free time for lunch, depart for Montignac.
End your day with the visit of the brand-new Lascaux IV center for Parietal Art. For the very first time, all of Lascaux cave is revealed. This new center features an interactive gallery experience that blends Art, History and Culture with intelligence and sensitivity. At the heart of the experience you will discover a life size, state of the art facsimile cave that reveals the wonders of Lascaux as they were first seen. After the visit and some time for personal discovery, return to Bordeaux.
Inclusions / Exclusions
1. Visit of Prehistory center in Les Eyzies
2. Walking tour in Sarlat including Market tour
3. English tour at Lascaux IV with entrance fees
4. English speaking driver guide
5. Travel in recent, comfortable & fully equipped minivans
8. Small group tour of 8 passengers maximum
9. Free Wifi access on board
1. Personal insurance & expenses
2. Meals and drinks
Pick up zone: In front of the central Bordeaux tourism office, 12 cours du 30 Juillet 33000 BORDEAUX
Pick up information
hotel pick up not available
tour returns to departure point
Wednesday from April to October, except August
Warm clothes and good walking shoes are recommended as temperature in the replica cave is 14° C (56° F)
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Tour requires minimum 2 passengers (adults) to operate
- Prices are listed as a guide only
- Not suitable for infants under age of 4
- Children aged 4 - 12 years: half price
- Prices are per person
- Currency is in Euro
Services: Child Seat - 4 To 10 Years Old
Possible languages: English